Friday 21 November 2014

A Spare Pair

R.I.P my favourite cat eye Ray-Bans. On Thursday morning I broke them right in half.

Thankfully, I have a spare pair!

It all reminded me of the Twilight Zone episode "Enough Time at Last" 

In the episode, bookworm Burgess Meredith finds himself alone at the end of a nuclear war with enough time at last to do what he never had time to do before - read. Being the sole survivor, he stumbles across a library, rejoices, promptly breaks his glasses, and is no longer able to read.

Should have had a spare pair, Mr. Bemis.







"The best laid plans of mice and men...and Henry Bemis...the small man in the glasses who wanted nothing but time. Henry Bemis, now just a part of a smashed landscape, just a piece of the rubble, just a fragment of what man has deeded to himself. Mr. Henry Bemis...in the Twilight Zone".



No comments:

Post a Comment